Sticky Lemon Chicken Thighs
May 4, 2011
Adapted from Nigel Slater – Real Cooking, purely because I am squeamish with bones… his is probably better but don’t think you need em, this was so tasty!
4 chicken thighs
little bit of flour
4 tbsp olive oil
juice 2 lemons
lump of butter
1. Dust the thighs lightly with flour
2. Heat the oil in a wok or shallow pan over a medium heat, when its spitting and simmering add the chicken
3. Cook without moving the thighs until they are golden on one side, for about 5 minutes
4. Turn them over and season with salt, cover with a lid and leave to cook, the heat turned a little lower until the wings are golden and sticky, for about 20 minutes
5. Season generously with salt, lift the wings out leaving behind the gooey bits from the chicken
6. Turn up the heat and add the lemon juice and the butter and cook on a low-medium heat for about 5 minutes before pouring over the chicken
I served this with a kibbe but it would be great with some wild rice and a green salad.
I cannot tell you how great this chicken was, I cannot wait to make it again!