10 Minute Dinner
June 11, 2010
This is a dinner I made using the leftover ingredients from the Chorizo hash… it takes 10 minutes if the prep is done, a little longer if not…
2 handfuls of spaghetti/linguine
1/2 tinned chopped tomatoes
punnet roasted tomatoes
2 tbsps tomato puree
2 garlic cloves chopped/crushed
1 onion chopped
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
2 rashers bacon per person (optional)
slug red wine
sea salt and black pepper
I used my sauce left from the Chorizo Hash recipe but if you need to start from scratch here you go;
1. Roast your tomatoes (roughly 15-20 minutes at 180)
2. Add to the tinned chopped tomatoes, add the red wine and cook off
3. Add the garlic and 1/2 fresh basil chopped
pop to one side
To make the pasta;
1. boil your pasta for about 7-10 minutes depending on whether you like it Al Dente or not
2. If add bacon pop under the grill now
3. Pan fry your onion, for 2-3 minutes then add the mushrooms cook for a further 2-3 minutes before adding the peppers, then add the tomato sauce and mix well. If having bacon add now.
4. Add half the sauce to the pasta and mix well and serve with the rest of the sauce piled on top.
5. Serve with fresh basil, add some parmesan if you like!
Very healthy if you leave the bacon (or try chorizo or sausage) and parmesan, but even more yummy with!